Agile and enterprise strategic alignment are unrelated (Jim Benson blog)

Welcome to the Net Objectives Lean-Agile Portal Forums Public Value Stream Agile and enterprise strategic alignment are unrelated (Jim Benson blog)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Vandewark 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

James Sutton
    Participant

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/agile-cure-all-its-placebo-jim-benson?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST

Jim Benson makes the point that what you want is across-the-board alignment on strategy. And Agile doesn’t address this.

He looks for 3 indicators that strategic alignment is happening:
    – Understanding. Does everyone up and down know what the strategy is? How about their part in making it happen?
    – Improvement. Can everyone say what improvements they’ve made recently to make the company work better re its strategy?
    – Engagement. Can people say what difference the strategic direction has made, and what needs to be done now?

Short, enlightening blog. Thoughts about what he’s saying?

Jay Vandewark
    Participant

I think the 3 indicators of strategic alignment are very good. I would place Engagement second and Improvement third, because Understanding plus Engagement will lead to Improvement. I believe people with an Agile mindset seek understanding, engagement, and improvement, so a Lean-Agile transformation can succeed if the three indicators are present from top to bottom and will struggle if they are missing somewhere along the line. Agile is not enough. Agile + strategic alignment is not enough either. Agile + strategic alignment + Lean provide the best way to be highly effective.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.