Agile and enterprise strategic alignment are unrelated (Jim Benson blog)

Welcome to the Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant Portal Forums Public Value Stream Agile and enterprise strategic alignment are unrelated (Jim Benson blog)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James Trott
    Keymaster

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/agile-cure-all-its-placebo-jim-benson?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST

Jim Benson makes the point that what you want is across-the-board alignment on strategy. And Agile doesn’t address this.

He looks for 3 indicators that strategic alignment is happening:
    – Understanding. Does everyone up and down know what the strategy is? How about their part in making it happen?
    – Improvement. Can everyone say what improvements they’ve made recently to make the company work better re its strategy?
    – Engagement. Can people say what difference the strategic direction has made, and what needs to be done now?

Short, enlightening blog. Thoughts about what he’s saying?

Al Test
    Participant

I think the 3 indicators of strategic alignment are very good. I would place Engagement second and Improvement third, because Understanding plus Engagement will lead to Improvement. I believe people with an Agile mindset seek understanding, engagement, and improvement, so a Lean-Agile transformation can succeed if the three indicators are present from top to bottom and will struggle if they are missing somewhere along the line. Agile is not enough. Agile + strategic alignment is not enough either. Agile + strategic alignment + Lean provide the best way to be highly effective.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.