This will be expanded, but here’s a start
- Understand the value stream is the workflow, not the people in the workflow, from concept to consumption of value.
- Attend to the entire value stream. If you don’t get cooperation of portfolio or product management, make the cost of this visible.
- Use Minimum Business Increments (MBIs) when enhancing existing products. Use MVPs for what they were intended for – discovering if you have new products. Don’t confuse the two.
- Create semi-autonomous teams that have all the skills required to create the MBIs.
- Do your PI planning by focusing on removing delays in workflow in the completion of MBIs. This lowers waste while lowering cost of delay.
- Use dependencies identified in PI planning to Improve your organization’s value creation structure